Sunday, December 6, 2020

2020

Fact: I actually had forgotten my blog link
& this would be a one post a year kinda thing now. Ha.πŸ˜…
I'm typing this while the baby takes her afternoon nap.


Summary of 2020

Starting school
Baby T started her infant care in Jan 2020. She was only 3 months old back then. Most people would say it's cruel to put such a young child in a school and I agree with it. My 3 months maternity leave ended and had to return to work in Jan, further we had neither side family support to take care of her, hence this decision. It's heartbreaking and it still does whenever I looked back at the old check-in photos of her in school. Love and I made a point that if he is able to pick her up early from school, he would.
That aside, Baby T adapted really well in school. She would throw herself to the teacher in the morning when her teacher gestures to bring her in, and sadly she doesn't even look back and say bye to us!😒

First Chinese New Year!
It was her first CNY celebration and receiving ang baos!🧧
Though she would not be able to remember anything. Haha!

COVID-19
A pandemic broke out right after CNY which resulted in a circuit breaker for SG (it's a nationwide lockdown). Being in a healthcare industry, some of us from HQ were deployed to clinics to help out.
& just like that, I was deployed to the clinic for half a year (Feb - Aug). The past 6 months was an eye opener and a valuable experience. 

New beginnings
Love left the forces and started his new career journey. It was not the best time for a career switch while in the midst of a pandemic, but i have nothing but all support for his decision. 
I would say, so far so good!

O N E!
Baby T turned ONE! How time flies!
Due to the pandemic and restrictions, we threw a small birthday celebration at home, with just our immediate family members.
πŸ’—

17 Nov 2020
After 1 year, 1 month, 15 days, I officially shut down my pump. 
Breastfeeding was tough at the start, but it got better after i got the hang of it and with supply of course. It was a bittersweet feeling to shut down the pump, because it meant that i could no longer supply milk for Baby T, and the thought of it made me really sad 😭 In exchange, i get more sleep and time for baby T, love and myself. 
I'm super glad and proud that i managed to breastfeed her way past my own target which was 6 months, then changed to a year.

Twelve and last
December is always the happening month for us!!
Needless to say it's my favourite month of the year. I've always loved this festive season πŸŽ„although we don't celebrate it. Last Christmas we bought a real pine tree, and i have yet to get one this year! I'm still bugging love to get it before Christmas is over!! 

Love's birthday πŸŽ‚
We had a simple celebration over lunch while the baby was in school. Haha! It's been a long time since we went somewhere fancy for a meal. But nonetheless, Happy Birthday Love! I hope you enjoyed lunch! & we would be back for more! Ily!πŸ’“


Ok, till next year 2021! πŸ‘‹