Sunday, July 14, 2013

89/12 Commissioning Parade


This very day, 14th July 2013, it would probably be just another normal Sunday for you. 
But for an over of 500 cadets, it was a day to remember, memories deeply etched onto their hearts. 
Yes, it is their commissioning parade as an officer after going through 9 months of hardship. 
One of them that commissioned as an officer, is none other than my beloved love.
I'm honestly so damn proud of him, for doing so well in his cohort. 
Coming in top 10% is not easy. But with his passion for what he is doing, hard work and perseverance, he has made people whom loved him so proud.
Through this 9 months, he left the country twice with his wing, Bravo.
First it was to Brunei, 24 days there, torturous missions and also Jungle Confidence Course as a finale. Getting his JCC badge was his pride and joy. Then it was a trip to Thailand, training in the different and harsh terrains, made him learned so much more.
This sword is no ordinary sword out there. It comes with a SAFTI MI crest on it that differentiates him from the rest. 
Sword of Merit: it's yours love, you deserve it like no one else.

Donning of his one-bar on his No. 1 uniform with his parents that supported and stood by his decisions.
I love the red banner there, it states:
Infantry: Queen of Battlefield.
It somehow really describes them so well and spot on.
My handsome love and I!! :)
Followed by a dinner with colonels.
I was invited because love's daddy doesn't like such occasion. Neither do I! Haha. But the food was really rich in flavours.
We were lucky as love performed and we sat at one of the red tables which were served by waiters. 
The day ended really well and it was such an eventful and memorable day.
Love's badges on his uniform.
These badges did not come by easily.
I'm glad to be part of your every journey in life.
This is yet another one marked on our dates.
 
I'm truly proud of you.
I'll continue to standby you through all decisions you'll make in life.
I'll be there.
Happy Commissioning my love!
Congratulations on being an officer!
I love you, 2LT Dillon!

xoxo