I'm a avid lover of Thai food and people around me knows that.
Probably also explains why my other half is a half thai :)
I'm just so glad to have found someone who shares the same love for thai food with me.
Give me a pot of good tom yum soup, you'll see me camping in front of the pot, trying my very best to fill my whole tummy with it. Not exaggerating but it's proven.
I've been to Thailand when i was much younger with my family. My only recollection was some 'thai girls' walking pass us in a dark alley and my dad whom can converse in basic thai back then. Oh and that was also the trip when I learnt how to count in thai.
Last year, love decided to include Bangkok as our yearly at least once trip. No doubt back then i had a culture shock as this hustling and bustling city is soooo much different from the laid back Krabi, which was our first stop.
And only 3 weeks back, love and i went to Bangkok for a short getaway.
I know i am most certainly in love with Bangkok, for it's food, people, culture and shopping!
So here goes!
Since it was almost last minute decision, flight tickets were really expensive even for budget airlines.
But lucky enough, Cathay Pacific promotion came in timely and we hurriedly booked it before the promo ends.
Onward to +66!
Super happy faces ready to invade Land of Smiles!!
It's our 5th overseas trip together (if i did not missed out any), excluding trips to Malaysia.
This makes it a trip per year! Haha.
We resided in another hotel and not the one we went to the previous time as we wanted to try something new. And this is our 'home' for the next couple of days. I love how spacious it is and cosy. No doubt it was convenient, but i'd prefer the previous hotel a lil better.
Had our first meal, which was dinner at a roadside store just a couple of mins away from our hotel.
A must have for me in every meal.
Braised pork leg, so good! Uniquely thai taste.
There were other dishes but by then, i was too famished to snap any other.
I love Bangkok night's street food.
Especially those that only set ups at 5pm onward, those are really family business and they operates till midnight. Really dirt cheap yet super yummy and Thai flavored.
Love and I went to the midnight Chatuchuk which was a really yolo moment! Most tourists would go to Chatuchuk only in weekends during day time and only locals would go there during the night as things were even slightly cheaper, though the day time Chatuchuk things were already cheap.
We took a BTS to Mo Chit and to find that it was really dark and no signs of shops are opened. The main entrance was closed as well, but we took a chance and walked further down deeper inside and found that there were actually many shops opened and many vehicles unloading goods. And yes, as we walked through the night, it only starts to get more crowded as more locals are coming in.
Chatuchuk market is a must go for me, as i tend to find a lot more things there as compared to Platinum Mall / Siam Street.
After You Dessert Cafe
Something you wouldn't wanna missed.
Last year, I had my birthday cake in this cafe. I love how rich in flavour their desserts are.
Head to the one at Siam Square (near to the Hello Kitty cafe), this outlet has lesser patrons as compared to the one at Siam Paragon.
Som Tam Nua
Som Tam meant Mango salad, it is very popular with tourists and locals.
But,
I personally prefer this!
The portion is more than enough for two pax and it was delicious!
Love and I attempted to dine in there once, but it was full, hence tried our luck again the next day at a different timing.
I'm so in love with this place!
It's a little hard to get there but it's all worth it. Everywhere is so photo worthy and dreamy.
But, once is enough.
Yes, real duckies that plays and fight with each other and swims in the lake.
Overlooking from the lighthouse tower!
More desserts!
Mr Jone's Orphanage, Mangto Tango, iBerry and random street ice cream!
Once a sweet tooth, always will be.
Khao Mun Gai, which also means Hainanese Chicken Rice in thai.
Specifically went to hunt for the most famous one, it was good, but I prefer Sg's version. haha.
Boat noodles that made us had 9 bowls of them in total.
All 3 bowls are different flavour, cooked in pork thicken blood.
The serving is small therefore you can order many bowls and its only 12 Baht which equates to 50 cents!
Bangkok will always holds a place in my heart.
I can't wait to be back there already!
While my love is away in Austrialia, here i am all cooped up in this country.
11 days has past, 7 more to go!
Lastly,
Happy 64th monthsary big love!
To many more adventures together!
xoxo
